Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Be Careful

Think, the most important skill we can develop. Marketers are out to sell you things that you neither need nor want...in the long run, but it can only happen if you let it. Question everything.

I am currently reading "Packaging Girlhood" and my eyes have been opened to some things that I had not been able to explain before, in other words I questioned these things but never could put it into words, I don't know if that makes sense. Girls have been taught by TV, DVDs, Movies, Magazines, Media, etc. to be sexual and sensual or a tomboy, instead of encouraging individuality. I believe this has been an unintended consequence of feminizing our culture. Women and Men no longer see the importance of mothers raising their children and instead allow a stranger, who doesn't care about them (like a mother) raise them, with their values, not the Father's or Mother's. I say feminizing because that movement has told women that they need to be home with their children but "They can have it all," not so, our children have suffered.

a

0 comments:

Post a Comment